Re: Minor color, ligature, ancient notation

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Minor color, ligature, ancient notation
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:24:14 +0200 (CEST)

> 2008/3/31, Robert Memering <address@hidden>:
> > Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 17:02 schrieb Karl Hammar:
> >
> >  > Ok, this is what I have hacked together
>
> If nobody has a better idea, could you consider adding it to the LSR?
> We really lack  snippets of this kind...

It would be better if we solved the underlaying problems, which are

a, we don't have black \breve \longa nor \maxima
b, the spacing of ligatures gets wrong for part music (i.e. just
   one voice and one staff)

a seems to be doable
b is a known problem

======

What would be nice is if I could write something like

 % assuming late renaissance
 a1\ligature b2.\color\ligatureEnd c4\colorEnd

or really what is notated is (to be performed as above
in late renaissance and with triplets for early renaissance)

 a1\ligature b1\color\ligatureEnd c2\colorEnd

where the \color .. \colorEnd means \times 2/3 { } (without the
bracket, in imperfekt mensuration, and 3/2 in perfekt
mensuration ) and change white notes to black and black notes
to white.

In the meantime, it could suffice to change the note to be printed
(making a new symbol for the blackened \breve) and do

 white = { \once\override ??? = #'noteheads.s2petrucci }
 black = { \once\override ??? = #'noteheads.sM1petrucci_black }

 \[ a1 \black b1*3/4 \] \white c2*1/2
or
 \[ a1 \black b1*2/3 \] \white c2*1/3

or possible

 color = { swap white and black noteheads }
 \[ a1 \color { b1*2/3 \] c2*1/3 }

> >  However, just for the sake of people that might search
> >  for a topic like this: It's "minor color", not "calor".
>
> ... Thanks! I finally understand what it was about :)

Oh, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
/Karl