StaffSymbol: behaviour of ledger-line-thickness

From: till Rettig
Subject: StaffSymbol: behaviour of ledger-line-thickness
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:34:31 +0200

Hi,
could somebody explain me how ledger-line-thickness behaves? The IR states that
it should be a pair:

"ledger-line-thickness (pair of numbers)
    The thickness of ledger lines. It is the sum of 2 numbers: The first is the
factor for line thickness, and the second for staff space. Both contributions
are added. "

But I cannot get the staff space bigger (the second number), instead the first
number influences the thickness of the ledger line a bit, the second quite
much, that is it becomes so heavy that the spaces almost disappear.
Please compare the example:

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #' ledger-line-thickness  = #' ( 1 . .1 )
  }{
  d d d d
} }

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #' ledger-line-thickness = #' ( .1 . 1 )
  }{
  d d d d
} }

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #'  ledger-line-thickness = #' ( .1 . .1 )
  }{
  d d d d
} }

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #'  ledger-line-thickness = #' ( 1 . 1 )
  }{
  d d d d
} }

What am I missing here? How is this supposed to work?
I was on 2.11.34, if it matters.

Thanks
Till
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free