Re: choir music, easy piano reduction and dynamics

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: choir music, easy piano reduction and dynamics
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:27:47 +0100

The Dynamic engraver is in the Voice context, not Staff.

Trevor D

----- Original Message ----- From: "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 6:08 PM

On 31.03.2008, at 15:08, Valentin Villenave wrote:
2008/3/31, James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:
I'm wondering if there's an easy way to generate a piano reduction
from a choral piece but without all of the dynamics. The choir parts
all have their dynamics, but the piano part shouldn't. And the handy
snippet I found generates a piano part with all the dynamics showing.

Simply remove the Dynamic engraver :

\new PianoStaff <<
 \new Staff \with { \remove "Dynamic_engraver" } <<
    \new Voice \sopranos
    \new Voice \altos >>
 \new Staff \with { \remove "Dynamic_engraver" } <<
    \new Voice \tenors
    \new Voice \barytones >>

Cheers,
Valentin

Thanks for the help, unfortunately it doesn't affect the output, i.e., I still get dynamics.
testing = {
c'4\p d'8\< e' \times 2/3 {f' g'\! a'\f}
}

\score {
\new Staff \with {\remove "Dynamic_engraver"} \testing
}

\score {
\testing
}
\version "2.11.42"

Am I not understanding something correctly?