Lyrics spacing from LeftEdge?

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Lyrics spacing from LeftEdge?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:16:04 +0200

Hi,

I try to write a hymn (one voice with lyrics below), and I want to align the
first lyric of each line vertically.

I know i can use the space-alist properties of KeySignature and TimeSignature
to determine the spacing to the first note, but I want the lyrics to start at
an exact distance from the left, so the exact place of the first note varies
with the length of the first lyric syllabe (because the lyrics are centered).

I could manually tweak the place of first note of every line (because I know
where the linebreaks occur) but I would rather an automatic way.

This time LSR gave me no luck. The Wilhelmus example[1] looks quite like what
I want, but it aligns the first notes, not the lyrics. In my case the length
of the words varies quite wildly...

[1]
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/input/wilhelmus.ly
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/input/wilhelmus.pdf