Re: Breaking autobeams and stem direction with acciaccaturas

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Breaking autobeams and stem direction with acciaccaturas
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:51:17 +0100

Hi Matthew

I'll have to leave an explanation of this to the more knowledgeable, but the main problem seems to be starting the piece with an \acciaccatura. Doing this causes problems elsewhere (eg tuplets). Try removing it and the overrides then seem to work. Seems like the voice-context overrides have nowhere to go if the first note is an acciaccatura and have no effect. A work-around is to place all the voice-context overrides in the Staff context so they apply to all voices.

The automatic beam breaking by acciaccaturas looks like a lost cause, but manual overrides is a (painful) work-around for this.

Trevor D
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew" <address@hidden>