Re: StaffSymbol: line-positions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: StaffSymbol: line-positions
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:56:51 +0200

If you check the warning printouts from LilyPond when processing the
second example, you will notice that you have misspelled the property name!

Otherwise, both of the examples seem to do what I would expect them to do.
I don't understand exactly what you mean by "only if the staff is empty or the
notes are on ledger lines.".

  /Mats

till Rettig wrote:
How does the line-position property of the StaffSymbol work correctly? I get it
set to different positions only if the staff is empty or the notes are on
ledger lines. Is this behaviour implied? And does the list of the positions
need a specific order? It obviously takes only as much arguments (positions) as
there are staff lines defined, is that correct?

code with which I played:

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #' line-positions  = #' ( 18 12 2 0 -2 -4 )
  }{
  d d d d
} }

\score{
\new Staff \with {
  \override StaffSymbol #' line-position = #' ( 6 3 0 -3 -6 )
  }{
  d' e' f' g' c''
} }

In my idea the second example should print wider spaces and set the notes
somhow off the lines, but it just prints the standard lines 4 2 0 -2 -4. Why is
this so?

Thanks
Till

        Mats Bengtsson