Re: choir music, easy piano reduction and dynamics

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: choir music, easy piano reduction and dynamics
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:45:55 +0200

On 31 mrt 2008, at 14:59, James E. Bailey wrote:

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to generate a piano reduction from a choral piece but without all of the dynamics. The choir parts all have their dynamics, but the piano part shouldn't. And the handy snippet I found generates a piano part with all the dynamics showing.

I know this won't help you with an already finished score, but recently I've started to put all my dynamics in a separate Voice which contains only dynamic marks and spacer notes. The spacer notes help me to layout the dynamics exactly the way I want, starting at the position I would like. And of course, it makes it much more convenient to create a reduced score that includes the dynamics. I just add the dynamicsVoice to the pianoScore or to the guitarScore.

Hope this helps,

Arjan