overriding text alignment in stylesheet

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: overriding text alignment in stylesheet
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:52:09 -0400

[Lilypond 2.11.42]

Hi all,

I'm trying to define an orchestral stylesheet, based on the Barenreiter NMA soft-bound edition (Mozart KV 551, to be exact). Their instrument names are centered in a column, which presents no problem; however, the InstrumentName text itself is a center-aligned column if there are multiple lines in the name, e.g.

    Violoncello
       e Basso

In my stylesheet, I'm trying to set this so that the \header block of a piece which \include-s it will not have to explicitly \center-align the name. However, while the first two \override lines in the following code work as expected, I can't find anything correct for the last one (to force the column of text to be centered):

\layout
{