Re: tuplets interferring with slurs

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: tuplets interferring with slurs
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:41:53 +0300

On 02/04/2008, Valentin Villenave wrote:

> I noticed both Matthew and you are using 2.10.33. The default spacing
>  engine has been greatly improved in 2.11.x series, so you might want
>  to give it a try.

Thanks for the tip, Valentin. I normally use .11, though, and I've
found out that the behaviour is pretty much the same on both with
different quirks.

With .11 the second tuplet in Matthew's example looks OK but the first
one is a bit messed up if Y-offset is used. If it's not used ...

I my case the result is pretty much the same, except if no
ragged-right is used the slur collides with the number.

I've learned to live with it, though, because the padding and
minimum-Y-extent seem to do the trick. The difficulties start if you
have many voices on the same staff and there are loads of slurs and
ties. I'd like to forget one piece that had two sopranos (chord with
ties), two altos (chord with ties) and a soloist on a single staff
(ties and slurs). Tweaking Beziers manually takes a lot of work. :-)

-Risto