Re: lilypond-book and makefiles

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and makefiles
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 23:28:07 +0200 (CEST)

Till:
> Whow, really beautiful!

Thanks.

> I should invest more time in this kind of experiments! I might use your
> notes with my singers here in Rovaniemi.

Please do, do they know swedish (my finnish is not that good, so I
cannot help you with a translation)?

Tough I think it should be a "bes" instead of "b" in cantus second illuxit
nobis, at the "gen --", othervise cantus and tenor will have a tritonus.

Also note that it is written i high clefs, so it should probably be
transposed a third down. I would really apreciate if someone had a
faximile I could have a look at, I am a little wary about the 3/2 time
signature.

> Didn't have yet time to investigate the technical side of your approach -- I

There was a tread "lilypond-book with multi-dir projects" earlier.
I think the thing that made pursue this was bibtex/makeindex and poor
dependency handling i lilypond-book (maybe it has become better).
And simply \input{file-systems.tex} or \includegraphics{file-1.eps}
was a rather easy solution for that.

> was really happy with the possibility to produce pdf output with
> lilypond-book nowadays and have it included in the pdf generated by xelatex

I had some problems with vaticana style and 2.10/2.11 lilypond, so I
stick with 2.6.5. I havent tried 2.8.

> (which makes the usage of open type fonts really easy -- yes, day roman is
> not, unfortunately, an open type font...).

Can't you just generate the open type font from fontforge?

> But how did you create the font file (I understand that this is the font
> definitions FontForge uses) -- by hand or did you have some automated
> method?

I unzipped the file and imported the two ttf's (if I remember correctly)
and tried to put all glyphs in some (hmm) order in fontforge. (Do you
know how to make use of those extra glyphs at the end).
Then I generated the pfa and run the attached files.