Re: Em2 chord

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Em2 chord
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:59:54 -0400

In contemporary music, we call this "Em(add2)" since a "suspended" note implies an eventual resolution to the third, which is already present in a m(add2) chord. (Although in reality, suspended notes are resolved about as often as not these days).

We also use add9, add11, and occasionally add#4 and others. Are "add" chords supported in Lilypond?

Dave

Peter Chubb wrote:
"Michael" == Michael Watts <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> e2:m Now, if only there were a manual......

That's a minim-length e:m chord.  He wants an E-minor chord with
suspended second.  At present, there's a BUG: e:m2 displays as e:sus2,
and loses the flat 3rd.  The chord should be <e fis g b> (but that
sounds awful; you'ld usually play <e g b e fis> or <e fis b e g>
or just <e fis b> etc., depending on context)

Michael> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Zoltan Kota