Problem with acciaccatura and articulation

From: Papa Eric
Subject: Problem with acciaccatura and articulation
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 03:11:27 +0200

Hi,

In the following code I cannot solve two problems:

-----
\version "2.11.42"

{ \voiceTwo
    d'8
    \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8}  d'8
    \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8}  d'8-.
}

\layout {
  ragged-last = ##t
}
-----

1) the first acciaccatura has a nice slur, but the second one is too low because it tries to be lower than the staccato dot (I suppose). How to tell the slur it to ignore the dot?

2) If I remove the first d'8 note, the stem direction of the d note becomes up, as if the \once did not work well. More complete example:

\version "2.11.42"

\new Staff
    <<
    \new Voice { \voiceOne
        f''4
    }
    \new Voice { \voiceTwo
        % here insert d'8[ to make it work (remove next "[")
        \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8}
        d'8[
        \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8}
        d'8-. ]
    }

\layout {
  ragged-last = ##t
}

Thanks for any hint (especially with the staccoto dot, which annoys me more in the true score!)

Eric