Re: small addition to NR1, Arpeggios

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: small addition to NR1, Arpeggios
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:26:26 -0700

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:48:41 -0700
"Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > In NR 1.3.3.2, could we change the second snippet to read
> >   \arpeggioBracket
> >   <c e g c>\arpeggio
> >   \arpeggioNeutral
> >   <c e g c>\arpeggio
> >  to clarify the method of canceling the arpeggioBracket? (I had to
> > dig through property-init.ly to convince myself that this was the
> > correct way of doing it.)
>
> This is a good idea.  Even though the \arpeggioNeutral command is seen
> in the third example, it should probably appear earlier (in the second
> example, as you suggest).  I'll keep this in mind while I work on this
> section.

No, this isn't a good solution.  There's no reason for
\arpeggioNetural to cancel out \arpeggioBracket as well as the
directions, especially since \*Neutral is the universal command
for cancelling directions.

Let's add \arpeggioWavy or something like that for cancelling
\arpeggioBracket.  I'm not enamored of the name, though.  Any
other suggestions?

Cheers,
- Graham