Re: Problem with acciaccatura and articulation

From: Papa Eric
Subject: Re: Problem with acciaccatura and articulation
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:49:11 +0200

Thanks for your answers,

About the voice beginning with a grace note, I have perhaps found a workout that seems to work at least in this simple case. When a voice begins with a grace note, use \beforeGrace in all voices as follows:

-----
\version "2.11.42"

% if cadenza really never count for bar count this should
% just insert a small space?
beforeGrace = { \cadenzaOn s8 \cadenzaOff }

\new Staff
    <<
    \new Voice { \voiceOne
       \beforeGrace
       f''1
       f''1
    }
    \new Voice { \voiceTwo
       \beforeGrace
       \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8} d'8[
       \acciaccatura {\once \override Stem #'direction = #up c'8}
       \once \override Script #'avoid-slur = #'outside d'8-. ]
       d'2.
       d'1
    }

\layout {
  ragged-last = ##t
}
-----

Valentin Villenave a écrit :
- I can't reproduce the bug here with 2.11.43 (?)

I have just downloaded and tried, but I get the same (stems up though being voiceTwo). Just comment out the beforeGraces in the code above.

- however it seems related to

Likely, yes.

- Just out of curiosity, you seem to be French but I can't remember
having seen you on the French LilyPond mailing list; perhaps you would
be interested in subscribing to it at
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user-fr
(of course, this doesn't prevent you from posting here as well ;)

I have subscribed there yes, although not posted. Actually the English documentation is so much better... I have considered contributing to the translation effort, though I really lack time.