RE: beaming problem

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: beaming problem
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 02:43:48 +0000

I may be superstitious, and I'd gather I'm using a far earlier version than you, but when I start a tuplet I always explicity specify the note length even if it's supposed to be the same as the previous note.  So I'd write:

c16 [c c c] \times 2/3 {d16 [d c b c d e]}

And although I don't suspect this any more than my previous speculation, why are you using 4/6 rather than 2/3?

The other thing I do (which is a little more work) is I never use auto-beaming...might be because of my earlier version (2.6.5) but the real reason is that I like the visual cues in the code of how my beats fit together.

Hope this is a little help, but I gather I'm just babbling. :-)