Re: brackets over a single note

From: Matthew
Subject: Re: brackets over a single note
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 04:53:48 +0000 (UTC)

Jay Hamilton <JayHam <at> linuxquestions.net> writes:

> have you tried analysis brackets?
> from 1.7?
> It might work but it looks like you want to do this a lot and if so it's a lot
of copy and paste.

> Yours-
> Jay

I had a look at the documentation for 1.8; it seems to be pretty much the same
as the doc for 2.11.

If it is the same, then it won't work:

\version "2.11.43"%%
\layout { \context { \Staff \consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver"}}
\relative c''
{
      c4\startGroup\stopGroup
}

That code produces:
warning: do not have that many brackets
warning: conflicting note group events.

I can't start and stop an analysis bracket on the same note.

.

copy and paste I don't really care about; I'll be making up little macros to do
all of those commands for me.

Matthew