Re: beaming problem

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: beaming problem
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 10:41:43 +0100

Hi Haipeng

I think the messages about "no viable initial configuration found: may not find good beam slope" can safely be ignored, as the beaming looks OK to me. For example, two of the messages originate from bar 5, which looks fine. If you like, you can narrow down where these messages come from by inserting

   \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##t
and
   \set Score.skipTypesetting = ##f

at various points in the input file. See section 3.3.2 in the current 2.11 manual for details.

BTW, due to the cross-staff beaming you do not really need to specify \showStaffSwitch in the piano parts.

Trevor D

----- Original Message ----- From: "hhpmusic" <address@hidden>