Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 19:53:28 -0700

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 23:52:25 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The latest draft of the proposed section headings for the
> reorganisation of NR 2 is now posted on
> http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/NR2-draft.txt , labelled Draft 5.

Where do all the "for fingerings, see @ref{fingers}" comments go?

If they're in the NR 2.x or NR 2.x.y level, then we'll probably
get approximately two people each year asking questions on -user
who didn't notice them.  This might be acceptable, especially
since these sections are mainly pointing at previous material in
the docs.

If you create new @subsubsections just for the "Other useful
material for FOO", then that adds a whole bunch of index entries.
Also, their names will be weird, since each @node name must be
unique (ie you can't just add subsections called "Other info"
everywhere).

A third option is to vary where this material is placed -- for a
large section like Vocal, add a separate @subsubsection, but for
small sections like Strings, add it to the main (or in some cases,
only) subsubsection.

I don't have any particular opinion on which of these options are
the least undesirable.

Cheers,
- Graham