Re: Strange Pedal and Trill behavior maybe a bug?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Strange Pedal and Trill behavior maybe a bug?
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:41:52 +0200

Hi Renato,

I just remembered this (old) mail you sent to the LilyPond mailing
list several weeks ago. Sorry for answering so late.

Can you please check if the behavior you noticed is still happening
with LilyPond latest version, and if so, try to send a minimal example
to address@hidden (our bug-dedicated mailing list)?

I'm not sure I've understood what your different problems were, but
I'm willing to help you if I can.

2008/2/20 Renato Biolcati Rinaldi <address@hidden>:

>  I found this weird behaviour if Trill (on right hand) and SustainDown (on
>  left hand) are used simultanously on the first measure of a piano staff.
>  Take the example below: the trill is not centered with the note head as it
>  would be without the \sustainDown on bottom staff.
>  I used a tweak with:  _\markup {\musicglyph #"pedal.Ped" \hspace #-1.4 "."}
>  Please note that the \musicglyph of the Pedal has no "dot" as the
>  sustainDown, so I had to add that \hspace #-1.4 "." piece. If there is a
>  command for Ped with a "dot" let me know, because I haven't seen it on the
>  list. If not, it may be a good idea to add it.
>  This way the Ped. is not well aligned, but if I use \hspace inside the
>  markup to move it on the left, I have the very same problem with the trill
>  on top staff. Therefore I used this override:
>  \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( -2.0 . 0.0 )
>  And now it looks OK.
>
>  %%%begin lilypond code%%%
>  \version "2.11.40"
>  \include "english.ly"
>      upper = \relative c'' {
>        \clef treble
>        \key ef \major
>        \time 12/8
>
>  f4.^\markup { \finger "23" }\startTrillSpan \grace { e16\stopTrillSpan
>  ([f16] } g8-.-3) g-4 (d-1) ef4.-2 (c-1)
>               }
>
>               lower = \relative c {
>        \clef bass
>        \key ef \major
>        \time 12/8
>
>   bf8-.\sustainDown <f' d'!> (<bf d af'>)\sustainUp       b,-.\sustainDown
> <g' f'>
>  (<d' f g>)\sustainUp    c,-.\sustainDown <g' ef'> (<c ef g>)\sustainUp
>  c,-.\sustainDown <gf' ef'> (<c ef gf>)\sustainUp        %7
>               }
>      \score
>          {
>         \new PianoStaff  <<
>            \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = "Piano  "
>            \new Staff = "upper" \upper
>            \new Staff = "lower" \lower
>         >>
>         \layout {   \context {