Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:29 +0100

Tomas Valusek wrote:
where will be cross-voice ties/slurs documented? They are quite common in advanced keyboard/guitar music. Braille notation has special markings for such situations.

I guess they could be required in music for any instrument that supports
polyphony, so my feeling is that they should appear under ties and slurs
respectively, ie in 1.2.1.4 and 1.3.2.1.  However, I don't think they are
covered in the current 2.11 manual, and a quick look at the snippets in
these two sections doesn't show anything either.  First step is to locate or
produce snippets showing how to do them.  IIRC it requires a bit of a
hack.  Anyone volunteering?

Tomas Valusek

Trevor D