Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 23:31:13 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
I've added these headings.  In some cases it seemed more
appropriate to add the Refs heading at the subsection level,
others at the subsubsection level.  See Draft 6.

I would rather have them all at the subsubsection level; it's
suprisingly easy to miss one or two subsections is everything else
is at the subsubsection level.
IMO, these References are "common notation" anyway, so they would
make sense in those subsections.

That makes Draft 6 pretty useless then, but you're right.  Having
one References subsubsection per section gives a better correspondance with the snippet list, which is at the section level.

In Draft 7 (attached) I've placed a Common notation subsection
at the top of every section and a References subsubsection immediately following. Seems to work quite well, but we've now lost all mention of bowed instruments as there is nothing left to say about them.

- Graham
Trevor D