Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:21:32 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for coming in late in the game.

Till:
>  8.5 Transcription of ancient music

Why not call it "Editing" or "Making an edition", but transcription is
also fine.

>  5.1 using the same source for the original and the transcription [Here
> among others the snippets about reducing note length]
>
> 5.2 Incipits and Mensurstriche-layout

Theese are different beasts, should they not be in seperate sections.

> 5.3 Transcription of Gregorian chant
>
> 5.4 Musica ficta
>
> 5.4.1 Suggested accidentals (new) (2.8.4)
>
>   Something like that, please reformulate as you like, I am really bad in
> creating headings.

Instead of Musica ficta, which are notes not in the regular hexachords,
I suggests a section for editorial markings. Which includes suggested
accidentals, slurs, different rhythmic (like french barock)
interpretation. Also you don't want to rule out b _flat_ as an suggestion.
Bes is not an ficta note since it is available in the hexachord, thus
it is musica recta.

Regards,
/Karl