Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: The LilyPond Report: a new weekly opinion column about Lily's world
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:20:27 +0200

2008/4/7 Karl Hammar <address@hidden>:

>  Hmm, I don't see them as unusual, I see it more like that I bend
>  lilypond-book to the way I am used to when developing program and using
>  latex.

Yes, I meant "unusual to me" :)

I should have said "ambitious" rather than "unusual". If I understand
correctly, you prefer to modify existing tools instead of just adding
extra macros, layers, supersets etc (such as what Reinhold did with
OrchestralLily). That's an approach I found interesting, and I wanted
to emphasize this difference.

Anyway, I added a link to your explanations as a footnote in the article.
http://valentin.villenave.info/spip.php?article62#nb3

PostScript Blue Book: thanks. I added your link in the article.

About production vs unstability: thanks a lot for these explanations.
I will quote you (if you don't mind) on next week's issue, as a
follow-up to this week's article.

Frédéric: thanks :-) You may know what the spip CMS means to us French
Free people...

Cheers,
Valentin