Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: Reorganisation of NR 2 - Final call for comments
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:01:10 +0100

Karl Hammar wrote
Till:
8.5 Transcription of ancient music

Why not call it "Editing" or "Making an edition", but transcription is also fine.

I think we'll stick with "Transcription" - it seems closer to the action
being performed by those working with ancient music, who usually
want to preserve the original as faithfully as possible, rather than
editing it.

5.2 Incipits and Mensurstriche-layout

Theese are different beasts, should they not be in seperate sections.

I'm out of my depth here.  Anyone else have an opinion?
I'm quite happy to make this into two sections if there is
something different to write about each of them.

5.4 Musica ficta
5.4.1 Suggested accidentals (new) (2.8.4)

This has already been changed to just

5.4 Musica ficta accidentals
     (containing just the current text from 2.8.4)

Instead of Musica ficta, which are notes not in the regular hexachords, I suggests a section for editorial markings. Which includes suggested accidentals, slurs, different rhythmic (like french barock) interpretation.

Happy to add Editorial markings for ancient music as an additional
section, incorporating 5.4, if someone volunteers to send me suitable text for it, but I can't write this stuff myself :(
Regards,
/Karl
Trevor D