Re: cannot find lilypond icon on my desktop after installation (window x

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: cannot find lilypond icon on my desktop after installation (window xp)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:48:05 +0200

Tim Litwiller wrote:

Lilypond by it's self is a command line program that processes an input file and outputs a "engraving". With lilypondtool that is a pdf, other options let it also output midi files and image files.

Still, a normal installation on Windows leaves an icon on the desktop. Also, if you
open a command prompt and run the command
lilypond-windows -dgui
then you should see the same thing as normally happens when you double-click on the LilyPond icon, namely that the very primitive text editor "LilyPad" is opened with a
simple test example file.

No matter if you follow Tim's advice or use your existing solution, don't expect to be able to do anything useful with the program until you have read the Tutorial (i actually recommend you to click on the Documentation link for version 2.11 even if you have installed version 2.10 and click on the "Learning Manual" there, since it's been more or less completely rewritten and
improved compared to the documentation for version 2.10).

   /Mats

ming tsang wrote:
I download and installed lilypond_3.10.33-1.mingw.exe

I did not see lilypond icon. I tried to execute c:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond-windows.exe, but
no lilypond screen displayed.  Is this the right program to execute?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)