Re: Old LilyPond versions

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Old LilyPond versions
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:37:16 +0200

2008/4/8 Laura Conrad <address@hidden>:

>  In my case, it's usually because convert-ly isn't converting something
>  important.

Thank you very much for these comments. I do think we need to talk
more about this issue.

In my case, I've been working for almost three years on a same
project, always using the latest development version (as I mentioned,
I'm a pure geek). I remember quite well the discussion Nicolas and you
had some time ago:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00595.html

I have to say that by using following his advices, I've never
encountered any problem. All my overrides are basically gathered in
one or two files, and I only needed to update these files (I got
trapped when, for instance, 'breaking-symbol was turned into
'breaking-symbols, but since I always keep track of the changelog I
quickly found out what was wrong).

In other words, either you keep using a stable version, either you
keep up, month after month, with all the changes. The latter means a
huge amount of work but it's really exciting :-)

Cheers,
Valentin