Re: Colored hairpins?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Colored hairpins?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:27:59 -0400

Hi Tim,

Actually I need colored dynamics, including hairpins, but I thought
"colored hairpins" sounds like something you find at a beauty salon
and not in software!  I was trying to find in the user manual (NR)
a color property for dynamics (\f, \cr, \cresc, etc.) but there doesn't seem to be any.

Dynamics are DynamicText graphical objects (grobs); if you look at the bottom of the corresponding page

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond- internals/DynamicText#DynamicText>

you'll see that one of the interfaces DynamicText supports is the grob-interface; on *that* page (which is conveniently linked),

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond- internals/grob_002dinterface#grob_002dinterface>

you'll find the property to set. To save you the trouble (this time ;) I've included it here, as a variable:

    redDyn = \once \override DynamicText #'color = #red

I can color noteheads, stems, bar lines, staff lines, and text. Is that everything?

Anything that inherits the grob-interface *should* be color-able... and that's just about everything in the 'Pond. =)

HTH,
Kieren.