Fwd: convert text encodings (was: Old LilyPond versions)

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Fwd: convert text encodings (was: Old LilyPond versions)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:14:41 +0200

Am 2008-04-08 um 20:28 schrieb Graham Percival:
You're talking about the old LaTeX accents -> utf-8 ?

Manual conversion is necessary with current convert-ly.  I can
think of three ways to automate it.  They're all kind-of hackish,
but they'd work in theory.  It just needs somebody to translate
that theory into practice.

Conversion of "LaTeX encoding" to any other encoding, esp. UTF-8 is easy. I've a little script ready for such - but it converts whole files, I don't know if it will affect LilyPond commands.

Here:
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/?menu=0-2-2&lang=en
you can download the "mab2bib" archive, it includes "utf2latex.py".

Just rename that to "latex2utf.py" (or any other encodings, like "latin12utf" or "macroman2utf", it analyzes its filename when called).

It should work with all encodings that Python knows of. Normally LaTeX is not one of them, so the also included "latex.py" must reside in the same directory.

Have fun!

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle