braces in the lyrics

From: Timothy C Litwiller
Subject: braces in the lyrics
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:09:32 -0500

A friend of mine composed a song and we have some similar layouts in our Church songbooks
look like this attached braces.jpg

You sing to the start of the chorus on the first line of the first verse the return to the second line of the the first verse and after you get to the choruse the second time then you sing the chorus before the second verse starts

He says he could have made it a six verse song as that was how the inspiration came, but it gets too long singing the chorus after every verse so he combined the verses. He would like a brace after the stanza number combining the two lines that make up each verse.
I have this code
leftbrace = \markup { \override #'(font-encoding . fetaBraces) \lookup #"brace70" }
rightbrace = \markup { \rotate #180 \leftbrace }

and the LSR has an example of using it - but only to end several verses and go to the chorus - not 3 stacked with 2 lyrics lines after them.

How would I go about laying this out. I have the notes and a lyrics line defined for each line of lyrics liuke they are six verses but every other line doesn't have a set stanza with a number in it.

and second question how do I make the midi it creates play the verse twice and then the chorus when it is laid out this way.

JPEG image