Re: Colored hairpins?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Colored hairpins?
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:44:43 +0100

Tim Reeves wrote
My last question is where to put the variable definition

blueDyn = \once \override Hairpin #'color = #blue

When I put it at the top of the file, it gives errors:

Parsing...
c:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/english.ly:15:0:
error: syntax error, unexpected STRING

pitchnamesEnglish = #`(
c:/Program Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/english.ly:130:13:
error: unknown escaped string: `\pitchnamesEnglish'
pitchnames =
            \pitchnamesEnglish

etc.

Without seeing your input file it is difficult to be sure, but I think you must have placed a "\relative {" or maybe just a an opening brace,"{", before the \include "english.ly". The \include "english.ly" must come before any music input. Try this order:

\include "english.ly"
blueDyn = \once \override Hairpin #'color = #blue
\relative c'' {

Trevor D