Re:vim

From: Romel Anthony S. Bismonte
Subject: Re:vim
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:46:00 +1000

Hi Stefan.

"~" means your home directory. In a Linux shell, typing "cd ~" will take you to your home directory (which is something like /home/yourusername or something; I used Ubuntu). You can look there for the .vim folder.

In Windows XP the home directory is usually C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername. If you look in there, you will probably find the ".vim" folder. Because the name of the folder starts with a stop/period, it may or may not be visible in Explorer. Get a command window, go to your home directory, then type "cd .vim". If the folder exists you can get in.

As for finding the Lilypond .vimrc, the way I remember I got it was I did a Google search. Good luck in finding it; it made coding so much more convenient for me!

Romel

P.S. It looks like you can get the necessary files in the source package. But now I remember that if you installed Lilypond and do some hunting around in the program folder for a folder named "vim" you'd be in business. Good luck again.