Re: Running LilyPond from a memory stick

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Running LilyPond from a memory stick
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:25:14 +0200

2008/4/11 Palmer, Ralph <address@hidden>:

>  Has anyone been able to run LilyPond from/on a memory stick? I have a 16
>  Gb stick, and I'd like to run LilyPond from it, but I don't know what
>  problems I'm likely to encounter. The computers I plan to use both run
>  Windows XP SP2.
>
>  The stick is set up to run programs, but it looks for U3 package files
>  (*.u3p). Has anyone built .u3p files for LilyPond? Alternatively, anyone
>  know what files and/or directories would have to be mounted on the
>  memory stick?

That was one of the features I was planning to implement with the
EasyLilyPond installer.
If I were you, I'd forget about .u3p packages. You can simply copy
LilyPond binary files (as found in Program Files\LilyPond) on your
key; then the only problem is that LilyPond needs some environment
variables to work.

There's a program that hooks into the Windows registry and modifies it
on the fly, but I can't remember how it's called (I vaguely remember
some icon that looked like coffee (?) but...). My best guess is that
we'd only need to make such a trick.

Cheers,
Valentin