Re: English Translation

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: English Translation
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:07:10 +0200

Am 2008-04-11 um 22:31 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

"- what is a good way of translating the German "ewig reicher
Gott", [...]

The meaning of "reich" in this example is extremely uncommon in
(modern) German.  I *guess* it refers to the old stem of "-rich"
(like in names) that means "ruler", similar to "Reich" (empire, see
"dein Reich komme" in German paternoster).

I disagree.  Doing a quick search with google I find the following
title of this song:

As a pagan I won't argue about Christian translations. ;-)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm