\incudes in \include'd files

From: Matthew
Subject: \incudes in \include'd files
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:26:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all

I'm setting up a bunch of different settings for my scores. I've put them into a
separate definition file so that I can just \include it.

I have several different definition files feeding into a master definition file,
and I include the master file in my score. My definition files are stored in
/def/, and my scores are kept in /scores/

My files would look like this:

master_def.ly
\version "2.11.43"
\include "note_def.ly"

%some other stuff

.

score.ly
\version "2.11.43"
\include "../def/master_def.ly"

%music stuff

.

When I compile my score, I get the error:
../def/master_def.ly:4:9: error: cannot find file: `note_def.ly'

Lilypond is correctly opening master_def.ly, but is then trying to open
note_def.ly in the current path, rather than ../def

Is there a way to have /include keep relative path information?

Cheers

Matthew