Re: Problems altering Staff Size

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Problems altering Staff Size
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:38:15 +0200

2008/4/12 Ben Lewis <address@hidden>:
> I'm typesetting a concerto, and I want to use the feta14 size for the full
>  score. The first time I tried, I placed the #(global-set-staff-size 14), but
>  it changed the appearance of all the parts, too. So, I added the \layout {
>  #(layout-set-staff-size 14) } segment to my \score {  } block, and it
>  promptly made my score look like the attached segment. Any advice?

I'd do something like:

%%%%

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "SoloStaff"
    \alias Staff
                \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-8 . 8)
    \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #1.5
    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #1.5
    fontSize = #3
  }
  \context {
    \StaffGroup
    \accepts "SoloStaff"

\new StaffGroup <<
  \new Staff a1
  \new Staff a1
  \new Staff a1
  \new SoloStaff a1
  \new Staff a1
  \new Staff a1
  \new Staff a1

%%%%

If you like it, please consider adding it to the LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html

Cheers,
Valentin