Re: OCR to lilypond

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: OCR to lilypond
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:33:43 +0200

Am 14.04.2008 um 17:50 schrieb Rick Hansen (aka RickH):

I've used just about every notaion program that exists, but I still like to just write out my sheets on staff paper with a pencil prior to entering the
data into a formal notaion software like lilypond or whatever.

It would be wonderful if I could generate lilypond source code from a
hand-written staff initially, then go back and tweak it in code. After all, all the information is there on the page, it just needs to be interpreted.

Is anyone aware of any commercial program, dll, or open source projects that are working on music OCR that would have the potential to (one day) be used
to generate lilypond source code?  Preferably open source.