Re: Anchor point for slurs

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Anchor point for slurs
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:19:07 +0100

On 15/04/2008, Oscar van Eijk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Neil,
>
>  Thanks for your reply, but the idea is, the phrase ends where the
>  dualvoice ends, in this example at the last 'a', so your suggestion
>  doesn't help I'm afraid :-S

I thought that might be the case. :) I originally wrote a completely
different reply, but doubts crept in when I re-read your original
post.

Now I understand exactly what you're after, I'll point you in the
direction of section 3.2.2 "Explicitly instantiating voices" (Learning
manual), which should give you an idea why you shouldn't be using the
shorthand polyphonic notation ( << { } \\ { } >> ) in this situation.

Regards,
Neil