Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:27:10 +0100

Francisco Vila wrote:
2008/4/16, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
Difficult to do without using lots of @code{propertyNames} in the
 main text.  In this case, I'd rather keep the explanation in the
 code.

Regarding to in-code explanations, it must be noted that they are
untranslatable. I know that it is possible to customize the lilypond
blocks but it is stated in README that they should only be used for
very special cases; these special cases are more and more often needed
if more and more explanations go into the code itself. So I plan in a
second phase of the translation to translate the code of all lilypond
blocks that have comments and other texts inside, as well.

The TRANSLATION Read-Me makes it clear that the special
cases are exactly those where the text is to clarify the example.
It says:

"However, some music snippets containing text that shows in the
rendered music, and sometimes translating this text really helps the
user to understand the documentation; in this case, and only in this
case, you may as an exception translate text in the music snippet"

I've used code comments quite a lot to clarify examples, as I
think this really helps. So it seems absolutely fine to translate these.

Trevor