Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.7 Editorial second draft
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:25:19 +0200

2008/4/16, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

>  "However, some music snippets containing text that shows in the
>  rendered music, and sometimes translating this text really helps the
>  user to understand the documentation; in this case, and only in this
>  case, you may as an exception translate text in the music snippet"
>
>  I've used code comments quite a lot to clarify examples, as I
>  think this really helps.  So it seems absolutely fine to translate these.

Yes, I agree, but the "in this case, and only in this case, you may as
an exception..." makes me think this has to be used as an exception,
and only as an exception.

Maybe John has something to say here. What's the problem with the
translation of the music snippets? There are so many cases where it
would be fine to translate them to clarify the docs, that it would
never be a terrible exception anymore.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org