Re: GDP: end singleton lists with a period?

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: GDP: end singleton lists with a period?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:34:07 +0200

Am 18.04.2008 um 00:19 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:05:28 +0200
"James E. Bailey" <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 17.04.2008 um 23:55 schrieb Graham Percival:

OK, silly question, but I simply cannot make up my mind.  If we
have a single entry in a list in the @seealso section, should it
end with a period or not?  For example, in this:

Since it isn't a complete sentence, I would vote against a period.
It's non-standard to put periods in a list of bulleted items
___ Normally without a period, because it isn't a complete sentence.
___ Also non-standard to make bulleted lists out of complete sentences
___ Music glossary, chord

Interesting!  So you'd say that we should also omit a period from
longer lists?

Music Glossary: fifth, interval, Pitch names.

Cheers,
- Graham

Exactly. Unfortunately, I'm several thousand kilometers away from my chicago manual of style, but I'm almost completely certain that that would be standard practice.