Re: Difficulty printing chords

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Difficulty printing chords
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:45:22 +0200

Am Freitag, 18. April 2008 schrieb Aaron Morse:
> \score {
>
> \new Staff
>  [the two lesser-than symbols here, it isn't letting me post them]
>       \echords
>       \new Voice = "zemusic" { \emusic }
>
>        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "zemusic" { a bunch of lyrics }
> [the two greater-than symbols here, again, won't let me post them]
> }
>
> The problem is that when I run the file, the chords end up being printed
> below the music, instead of above it (between the staff and the lyrics).
> I'm not sure why -- but is there a way I can get them printed above (as is
> traditional)?

Staves, chord voices, lyrics, etc. are printed in the order in which they are
generated. In your case, first the staff is created and after that the chords
and then the lyrics => They'll appear in this order in the PDF.

To print the chords before the staff, simply generate the ChordNames context
before the Staff:

\score {
  <<
    \echords
    \new Staff
    <<
      \new Voice = "zemusic" { \emusic }
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "zemusic" { a bunch of lyrics }

Reinhold