Re: Does lilypond-book look for LaTeX \includes?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Does lilypond-book look for LaTeX \includes?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:01:53 -0700

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:35:13 -0500
"Trevor Ba__a" <address@hidden> wrote:

> But when we externalize the (one-line) preamble to a separate file,
> lilypond-book grumbles:
>
> %%% BEGIN EXTERNALIZED PREAMBLE %%%
>
> \include{test-preamble}  % contents of test-preamble.tex:
> \documentclass[10pt]{article}
> \begin{document}
> Hello!
> \end{document}
>
> %%% END %%%

Is this even allowed in plain LaTeX?  Having a \documentclass[]
after an \include?

You can certainly run lilypond-book on included files (ie
chapter1.lytex, which begins:
------
\chapter{Introduction}

Foo foo

\begin{lilypond}
c4
\end{lilypond}
------

I'm not certain why you'd want to have a \begin{document} inside
an included file.

> Is lilypond-book supposed to know how to look for LaTeX \includes? Or
> is this a known limitation such that the workaround is simply not to
> externalize when using lilypond-book?

I don't think lilypond-book tries to resolve \include, but it
doesn't have to.  Just process everything with lilypnod-book, then
run latex on the resulting .tex files.  I posted some makefiles
and examples here about a month ago that shows how to do this.

Cheers,
- Graham