Outdated lilypond-mode for emacs ?

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: Outdated lilypond-mode for emacs ?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:45:31 +0200

Dear list,

I am discovering and learning lilypond. I found the lilypond mode for
emacs extremely useful.

However, it seems that this mode has not been updated since 2006.
Somewhere in the beginning of lilypond-mode.el, one can read :

(defconst LilyPond-version "2.5.20"
  "`LilyPond-mode' version number.")

Since then, the lilypond sysntax seems to have evolved quite a bit.

address@hidden:~/Partoches/EssaisLilyPond$ lilypond --version
GNU LilyPond 2.10.25

In consequence, some of the correct lilypond 2.10.25 syntax is flagged
as in error by lilypond.el (while compiling correctly and giving, to my
untrained eyes, the expected result).

This situation is in sharp contrast with the care given to convert-ly
maintainance ...

Could someone a bit more versed in lilypond than I am update this (very
valuable) tool ? And tell me how I can help him ?

Sincerely,

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier