eps font embedding

From: Richard Wattenbarger
Subject: eps font embedding
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:14:28 -0400

I'm relatively new to Lilypond, and I love it! It makes so many things
easier than in, say, Sibelius (which I have been using).

I have a problem, though: I need to create some eps files with the
fonts embedded in them (I think). The goal is to import the eps file
into Adobe Illustrator.  Whenever I try this, however, I get only
stems and no noteheads.  Is there something I need to specify in the
ly file or at the command line in order to get the desired result?
Does this lie within Lilypond's capabilities.

I'm using Windows XP Pro and Lilypond 2.10.33.  I'll be providing the
files to someone who does not have Lilypond on her machine (a
Macintosh).

Richard Wattenbarger