Re: baffling error message

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: baffling error message
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:05:20 +0200

Am 22.04.2008 um 18:02 schrieb Valentin Villenave:

2008/4/22 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
Yea!! Thanks Reinhold, Mats, and Neil. This instantly fixed the problem.
Oy.  I was using a template from somewhere and didn't know what that
"english.ly" was for but kept it anyway. There ought to be a flashing red
warning light over that!

By the way, I often wonder if there would be a way for LilyPond to
automatically guess the language used, when no \include is specified.

(I guess there would be a way, by scanning the input file first and
grepping for specific notenames; however I'm not sure how ; my best
guess is that it would have to be implemented at very early low-level
point, maybe in one of the lexer/parser files -- in other words, this
is way beyond my knowledge.)

Nevertheless, this would be a killer feature for every non-"a b c d
e"-notenames people out there!

Valentin