introit

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: introit
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:16:20 +0200

I thought I would ask the list's collective knowledge before I begin this, has anyone here any experience with having an introit for a choral piece, say for a mass that begins wtih a quotation of a chant. I can think of several ways to put a single measure, slightly smaller, without time signature or bar lines, and centered before the music begins, and I just wondered how others have gone about this process, that results in something that looks good, both printed, and keeps my lilypond files san(ish) looking.