Line breaks in text markups

From: Ingo
Subject: Line breaks in text markups
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 12:31:28 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I managed to write notes and lyrics or the first verse for a song. Looks great!

Now, I would like to add the lyrics of further verses below.
The only command I found for this is "\markup".
Is there a possibility to add manual line breaks within the markup text?
If I use two markup commands like this:

\markup\large{Alles, was dich preisen kan, Kerubim und Serafinen,}
\markup\large{stimmen dir ein Loblied an,}

the vertical spacing is too high. This does not work:

\markup\large{
Alles, was dich preisen kan, Kerubim und Serafinen,
\break
stimmen dir ein Loblied an,
}

What would you recommend?