Re: Help getting started with Danny Boy

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Help getting started with Danny Boy
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 15:57:56 +0200

2008/5/4 Peter Wright <address@hidden>:
> On 04/05 09:38:29, James E. Bailey wrote:
>  > Am 04.05.2008 um 05:59 schrieb Paul Scott:
>  [ snip plasmacarwash's questions ]
>
> >> Have you read the tutorial?
>  >>
>  >> We can help you better if you show us what you have tried.

>  I think Paul's second sentence ("We can help you better if you show us
>  what you have tried.") clarifies that that was the point of the
>  question in this case.

+1!
I think Paul posted exactly the right answer. It was far less rude
than anything Graham (for instance) would have replied, and it was
more or less what I would have answered myself.

Asking whether people who are new at LilyPond have read the tutorial
is an absolute necessary first step.
Moreover, such people are not necessarily used to post code snippets.
Therefore, asking for some code is always a good choice.

James, you might have experienced some bad feelings with someone's
answers, but please, please remember that someone *did* answer you at
all, which is not taken for granted when you're a newbie on a mailing
list. Pete is absolutely right, people *are* willing to help. Even
Graham, though it takes a lot to understand he is :-)

Cheers,
Valentin