Two voices, only one note

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Two voices, only one note
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 17:48:28 +0100

Hi, Folks

I would like to mimic a score I have, where there are two voices in the
same score, but the note is used for both (instead of replicating it).

I am using this code:

                << { c8[ c'(-1 g c g c]) } \\ { c,2. } >>

And lilypond renders to notes for the first C. There is a common notation where the dotted minim is drawn with the beam down, and another beam up that is together with the other notes.

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal