Re: GDP status, May 2008

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP status, May 2008
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 16:56:04 -0700

Nothing personal, Hugo, but I don't want this discussion to get
derailed.

The problem is that we don't have enough people working on the
basic documentation -- how to change staffs in piano music, how to
change beaming, how to write an F-double-sharp -- such that we can
finish the basic stuff within a year (3.5 months remaining).
Extra documentation projects ideas are not particularly
interesting to me.

I know that this basic stuff is not at all interesting, trendy, or
sexy, but it needs to be done.

In this specific case, I've been planning to rework the
lilypond-book docs once NR 1 is under control.  This still hasn't
happened, and perhaps won't happen before Aug.  If you want to
volunteer to take over that section of the docs, we could work
something out.

Alternately, you could add your template to LSR.  That can be done
by yourself with no effort from the doc team, and when somebody
works on the lilypond-book docs, they'll hopefully notice it.

Cheers,
- Graham